SCHOLARSHIP TUITION AWARDS FOR UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGE STUDENTS FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2018/2019
The Swiss Benevolent Society is sponsoring scholarship awards for undergraduate college students of Swiss descent having permanent residence in the greater Chicago area. The goal is to support and encourage students to pursue an education tailored to their interests and talents. High School Seniors or College students can apply.
- The applicant must be either a Swiss National with permanent US residency permit or of Swiss descent.
- The applicant must reside permanently in Illinois or Southern Wisconsin (Dane, Grant, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Kenosha, LaFayette, Milwaukee, Ozoukee, Racine, Rock, Walworth, Washington, and Waukesha counties).
- Each applicant will be required to write a composition on a topic outlined in the application form.
- All Academic Credentials must be sent directly by the respective schools to the Education Committee.
- Notification: Financial need not being a requirement, all candidates will be judged on academic merit only.
- For High School Seniors: For High School Seniors: A score of 26 on the ACT or higher; an officially signed High School transcript, including the 2017 fall term with a cumulative grade point average (GPA), class rank, and ACT test scores.
- For College Freshmen: A score of 26 on the ACT or higher; a University/College transcript with a minimum of 3.3 grade point average and it must contain information through December 31, 2016.
- For Sophomores and Juniors: A University/College transcript with a minimum of 3.3 grade point average and it must contain information through December 31, 2017.
Completed forms and all other materials mentioned above must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2018. Late entries will not be considered. Winners will be notified after July 15, 2018. All scholarship applications will be examined, analyzed, and ranked. Incomplete documentation establishing Swiss descent, academic standing or eligibility will result in disqualification. The decisions of the SBS Education Committee are final.
APPLICATION FORMS (in pdf format)
A list of previous winners can be found here.